Sunday, May 11, 2008

Interesting week

So I started my new job this week, and I knew being gone would probably affect my mom but I had no idea how much. She actually had one of her worst episodes to date, packed all her things and said she was leaving, got very rude with my wife and actually hit her... to make things worse I was in the middle of my orientation when all of this was going on so felt totally helpless when my wife called to let me know what was going on. She really is putting up with a lot and being understanding, to be honest I don't know if I would have been so understanding if the roles were reversed and it was her mom. I was finally able to talk to my mom during a break enough to calm her down some, and fortunately she did and then pretty much forgot about the whole incident. As I have mentioned before, I think this illness is more draining on us than her. She was better this weekend but still had some left over rancor, fortunately the fact that it was Mother's Day and my birthday helped some to mitigate the issue. On the flip side of the coin, I met some great people during my orientation and we even managed to have some fun in "class", I am really pumped about my new job as well as excited about the company. I am sure that not only is this going to be a success on a personal level but that somehow will be able to help others, I hope I am able to bring some other friends on board.

No comments: