Monday, May 5, 2008

Learning...

I think a huge part of the process with my mom is for me to learn how to deal with her illness. While the medicines have helped tremendously, I think part of it is also for me to be able to let things go instead of arguing about it or trying to correct her. Many of the arguments we had at the beginning were because she would say something against my wife or make up something she had done and I felt I had to make sure she knew that was not the case. Now I realize it is better to make a comment in a way that she does not find offensive but to let it go as she will most likely forget the whole thing within the hour. In a way this illness is harder on us than it is on her as most of the time she does not realize what is going on but we do and it is hard to see my mom and yet it not be her entirely. I guess on the positive side, it is not an illness where she is suffering or in pain and it is more on me and my family to be learn to deal with it...

No comments: